Photography has the power to connect people all around the world, regardless of one's photographic expertise.
Photography captures extraordinary moments in everyday life for anyone who presses down on the shutter release.
That is why we set out to build a brand new comfortable place for those who wish to interact with others through photos.
As the first step, we will be hosting the OLYMPUS Asia-Oceania Grand Prix, an international photo contest for our customers living in Asia and Oceania region.
We would be truly honoured to have you be a part of the contest. Together with you, we would like to make this the beginning of the new photographic experiences.
*Use built in ART FILTER or the latest version of Olympus Viewer 3 or ib for RAW editing to apply ART FILTER.
*ART FILTER is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Olympus Imaging Corporation.
•Only online entries will be eligible. *Click on the Submit Photo button below to submit your work(s).
•Photographs need to be taken with an Olympus Camera.
•Photographs must be in digital format.
•All digital files must be 15 (fifteen) megabytes or smaller, and must be in JPEG format.
•Up to 5 entries are allowed for each category.
*Every submission is counted as 1 (one) entry. You cannot cancel your previous entry and submit a new work in its place.
•The standard colour space for the judging process is sRGB.
- Entry Period: 11AM Friday, January 10, 2014(JST) - 11AM Thursday, April 10, 2014 (JST)
Voting Period: 11AM Friday, January 10, 2014 (JST) - 11AM Thursday, April 10, 2014(JST)
Announcement of Winners: 11AM Monday, May 12, 2014 (JST) (Timing is preliminary and may change)
- • The contest is open to all Olympus camera users who live in the following regions. (Australia, China, Hong-Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore)
• Olympus associates are not eligible to participate.
• Membership registration is required for entry. Membership registration is FREE and open to all Olympus camera users.
*On the registration page, please enter your email address, a password, other required details and a nickname (handle).
• If you are new to visit our website, click on the Register button to register.
• Following languages are available on this website. (English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese)
- HOW TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS
- After entering, you can see your photos on My Page of the OLYMPUS Asia-Oceania Grand Prix website.
You can edit the title of your works or cancel entries until the final deadline for entries.
- See All Entries
- ART FILTER
- See All Entries
Mr Koichiro Saito, a professional photographer will select prizes winning works from all eligible entries. The number of participants' votes will be used as a reference.
- PARTICIPANTS' VOTING
- Membership Registration is required for voting.
Participants can vote for their favourite photos by clicking on the Vote button on the See All Entries page.
*Votes are limited up to once a day for each photo.
*On the contest pages, vote counts are displayed as points (10 points/vote).
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
- The winners are preliminarily scheduled to be announced on this website at 11AM Monday, May 12, 2014 (JST) and will be notified by E-mail from local Olympus Imaging office.
*Depending on the judging status, the Announcement date may change.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- All photo entry copyrights belong to the individual entrants.
Uploading an entry constitutes entrant's consent to assign a royalty–free, irrevocable, perpetual, non–exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entries (and/or entrant's name, nickname, city, state and/or likeness), solely for and/or in connection with the contest, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed (e.g., on Olympus Imaging Corporation’s websites and social media properties), including but not limited to for promotional or marketing purposes for and/or in connection with the contest, without any compensation, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Olympus Imaging Corporation or its designees to make use of the non–exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the entry.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights. Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible. Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible.
Works that have been displayed only at the website owned by the entrant him/herself for non-profits or works that are posted to the websites operated by Olympus Imaging Corporation or by its subsidiaries are eligible.
- 2. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. If subject of the submitted photograph is person(s) under18 years of age, entrants must obtain the permission of his or her parent or guardian before entry. Olympus Imaging Corporation and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, licensees, representatives are not responsible for any damage or trouble caused by entrants' violation of the rights listed above.
- 3. Photographs that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Both colour and monochrome images will be accepted.
- 4. Submissions from the same E-mail (membership) account will be considered as the same entrant's entries.
- 5. Entrants cannot submit the same work to different categories.
- 6. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Olympus Imaging Corporation, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Please read the GUIDELINES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION and TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully. By entering the contest, you will be considered to have agreed to the statements, terms and conditions listed above.
- • If you are accessing your account on a shared computer or public network, please make sure to sign out before you leave the computer to prevent any unauthorized access to your account.
- • Your entries will not be automatically deleted by cancelling your registration. If you wish to delete your Submissions, please delete them before cancelling your registration. Your profile page will remain not deleted.
- • OLYMPUS Asia-Oceania Grand Prix is operated by Olympus Imaging Corp., its Online Photo Community Customer Service and regional Olympus Imaging offices. We reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary to maintain and to ensure the overall functionality of the service we provide.
- • Uploading an entry constitutes entrant's agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Olympus Imaging Corp. and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, licensees, representatives from any claims, successors, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this contest or any contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- If you have inquiries or feedback related to OLYMPUS Asia-Oceania Grand Prix, please send us your message to the following e-mail address. Please understand we reserve the right not to reply in the case we feel the inquiry is inappropriate.
OLYMPUS Online Photo Community Customer Service: email@example.com